By Michael Gruber, President, Building Industry Association of Stark & East Central Ohio
The 57th edition of the Parade of Homes is open and waiting for you! It takes place through Sunday in Massillon at Augusta Lakes.
This year’s show has five impressive, newly constructed homes – all showing off the latest in new home interior design, floor plans, technology, green building, and landscaping. These beautifully decorated homes are priced to start at $450,000 and feature a variety of architectural styles.
This show appeals to all types and generations of consumers – from first-time home buyers to empty nesters and especially those interested in building a new custom home. We are receiving wonderful feedback from those attending the Show.
Augusta Lakes is located off Richville Drive and easily accessible from Massillon, Jackson, and Route 30. For smart phone mobile directions via GPS use the address 2170 Championship Circle SE, Massillon, Ohio 44646.
Last Friday at our Preview Party, after independent judging, awards for these showcased houses were earned in twelve categories. Here are the results:
(1) Best deck/patio – Blythe Construction #4
(2) Best foyer – Vega Construction #3
(3) Best creative use of space – Hostetler Family Homes #2
(4) Best exterior design – Smith Homes #1
(5) Best kitchen design – TIE: Vega Construction #3, Blythe Construction #4
(6) Best family/great room – Blythe Construction #5
(7) Best master suite – Vega Construction #3
(8) Best landscape design – TIE: Blythe Construction #4, Vega Construction #3
(9) Best new material and technology – Hostetler Family Homes #2
(10) Best interior decorating – Vega Construction #3
(11) Best overall design – TIE: Smith Homes #1, Vega Construction #3
(12) Best craftsmanship – Smith Homes #1
I would like to congratulate all the builders on their hard work and effort – it is certainly reflected in the beauty and style of the homes in our Parade this year.
During the Parade, we ask those attending to vote on their favorite home. We call it the “People’s Choice” award. I will reveal the winner of this award in my column next week. See you at the Parade!